Commercial purchase and sale transactions range from deceptively simple to exceedingly complex. All Purchase and Sale Agreements present challenges and opportunities for negotiation and management of the purchase and sale transaction. Any transaction, however carefully the Agreement is drafted, can blow up in the face of the unwary or uninformed practitioner.
Van Ness Feldman's Susan Shyne will co-chair this important two-day event sponsored by Law Seminars International.
This seminar will explore, in a contemporary context, some issues in (a) the structuring, negotiation, and documentation of major commercial property transactions, (b) the many facets of due diligence, feasibility and environmental investigations conducted in pre-closing, and (c) some of the pleasures and pain of enforcing Purchase and Sale Agreements. The issues covered will include:
- Market trends for 2014: Whose buying, what's selling?
- Critical issues in buyer's due diligence
- Seller reps and warranties: Recent litigation
- Lease terms and their impact on valuation
- Acquisition and development loans: Options and alternatives
- Dealmaking strategies from leading brokers
- Environmental impacts on transactions
- Enforcement of contract rights
- The up-tick in tax deferred exchanges
- Sticking points in negotiations
- Complying with ethics rules while getting business done
Partner Keith Moxon will speak on a panel addressing "Critical Issues in Buyers' Due Diligence." Partner Seth Gustafson will present "Analyzing Lease Terms and Their Impact on Valuation for Purchase Transactions." Conference Co-Chair Susan Shyne will also speak about "Leading Brokers on Dealmaking Strategies" as well as participate in a panel on "Other Hot Topics in Puchase/Sale Transactions."
For more information on the conference, including how to register, please click here.