Challenges for the Northeast energy industry continue to grow with increasingly urgent issues such as global climate change, high and volatile commodity prices, the need for massive investments in demand-side solutions, generation and transmission, and the push for greater energy diversification. These challenges present opportunities for creative regional solutions. This conference will address some of these key challenges that face the Northeast. With industry leaders we will explore ideas and initiatives being considered to meet those challenges.
You Will Learn:
- Resource adequacy in New England.
- U.S. energy policies for 2007 & future outlook.
- ISO's implementation of its Forward Capacity Markets (FCM) program.
- FERC enforcement policies & priorities.
- Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative.
- Ownership issues of utilities.
- Which projects are moving ahead & which are not; New technologies & approaches for carbon reduction.
- Current thinking on the primary challenges & policy priorities.
Doug Smith will be speaking at this conference to give an update on U.S. Energy Policies for 2007.