For over two decades, Van Ness Feldman has represented clients on healthcare matters that consistently top the agendas of both Congress and the Executive Branch. As policies affecting the health care delivery and payment systems continue to evolve in dramatic ways, every segment of the industry--from patients to providers to insurers--has been affected. The firm’s attorneys and policy professionals provide strategic counsel on existing and emerging issues in the Legislative and Executive branches and work with clients to design, implement, and manage legislative and public policy strategies.
Through our healthcare representations, Van Ness Feldman has experience with:
- Evolving policy regarding adoption, utilization, and regulation of health information technology;
- Ensuring the safety of the nation's prescription drugs and medical devices;
- Improving Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement models; and
- Refining the tax code to reflect changes in modern-day healthcare policy.
LEGISLATIVE & REGULATORY MATTERS
Van Ness Feldman excels in:
- Identification of critical issues and emerging trends;
- Development of strategies to build relationships with policymakers;
- Preparation of education and advocacy materials;
- Development and implementation of sophisticated legislative strategies;
- Preparation for Congressional hearings and briefings;
- Development of responses to rules and regulations;
- Identification of allies to work together on coordinated public policy initiatives.
Download PDF Version
Van Ness Feldman has significant experience with clients who engage in partnerships with the federal government. Recently, the firm represented a major national pharmaceutical distributor who is on the front lines in times of natural disaster readiness and response, was responsible for vaccine distribution during a pandemic influenza outbreak, and has distributed medicines to the armed forces and our nation’s veterans.