In the midst of the controversy surrounding fossil fuel energy exports, this workshop is designed to explore the facts, and to provide a science-based, regulation-based platform for discussing the specific issues pertaining to energy transport and export through Oregon and Washington.
Van Ness Feldman partner Tadas Kisielius will speak on a panel addressing the permitting framework for current and proposed projects, with a focus on how NEPA and SEPA requirements translate into building the right team for federal and state environmental impact statements. Partner Jay Derr will also attend.
A range of environmental experts and representatives of the energy and transportation industries will present perspectives on:
- The Market Forces Behind Energy Exports
- The Federal & State Permitting Framework
- Natural Gas – Pipelines & LNG Terminals
- Coal – Trains & Terminals
- Crude Oil – Safety Considerations
- Transport Capacity & Impacts – Rail & Marine
For more information on this workshop and to register, please visit NEBC's website.